• Advice about your child's communication
• Comprehensive communication assessments and
• Individual therapy and group therapy
• Clinic/ Home/ Pre-school/ school based
• School Readiness Programs
• PROMPT Therapy
• Picture communication and Makaton signs
Catherine works with children and adolescents who are
experiencing difficulty with;
• Speech sounds
• Putting words together to communicate
• Understanding others
• Following instructions
• Language development (e.g late talking)
• Speech fluency (stuttering)
• Voice care
• Reading, writing and spelling (literacy)
• Accessing/understanding the school curriculum
• Social communication
What to expect?
We start with an assessment. A thorough assessment yields information
about your child's individual communication strengths and weaknesses,
from which an appropriate therapy plan is devised. The results of the
assessment are documented in a report for you to keep.
The therapy plan is formulated in collaboration with
each child's parents / caregivers. Weekly therapy plus consistent home
practice of therapy target areas is the most effective way to achieve
therapy goals. However, frequency of therapy
appointments may vary depending on the
specific needs of your child.
Downs Speech Pathology is approved under the Helping Children With
Autism and Better Start Initiatives.
Please do not hesitate to call Catherine on 0417 255 062 for more information.
You can also access information about the above
initiatives on the Department of Social